About the Society
Annual Report and Financial Statements
- The Annual Report outlines the structure of the Richard III Society and summarises its activities and achievements over the period of the reporting year; it also outlines future plans and objectives. The Financial Statement provides the Treasurer's report and audited accounts for the reporting year, which runs from 1 April to 31 March.
- The Annual Report and Financial Statements are published together with the September edition of the Ricardian Bulletin.
I take pleasure in introducing our annual report for 2016/17, which shows that we are in good shape and making progress across all our areas of activity.
The Ricardian Bulletin and The Ricardian continue to be first-class publications and impressive showcases for the work of the Society. However, our online presence is of increasing importance, crucial for our future relevance and growth. So it is pleasing to see that we now have a presence on Twitter and a Research Blog.
This report provides a useful source of information about the Society and its achievements, at the same time reflecting the dedication and hard work of the many members who voluntarily give their services at both national and local level. We remain an effective historical society, with steady membership levels and the confidence to continue our work to secure a lasting rehabilitation of Richard III’s reputation.
Due to unforeseen circumstances the financial report and accounts are not included with this report. They will, however, be presented at the AGM on 30 September 2017, and will be published in the following December's Bulletin. In the meantime I can assure members that our financial position remains healthy, as the accounts will demonstrate once they are available.
Phil Stone — Chairman
- Initiating and financing the favourable contemporary quotes about Richard III at the Leicester’s Richard III Visitor Centre.
- Organising the 2016 study weekend in Shrewsbury.
- Introduction of membership cards and linked discounts for members.
- Provision of a new standard for Middleham Castle and agreement to have it flown on significant Ricardian dates.
- Launch of the Society’s Twitter account and further enhancement of the website.
- Continuing progress with the Milles and IPM projects and launch of the Research Blog.
- Memorandum of Understanding with Leicester University over the use of images of Richard III’s skeleton.
- 60th anniversary of the Society’s refounding.
You can download
the published 2016-2017 Annual Report and Financial Statements. Each year's Annual Report and Financial Statements is published with the September edition of the Ricardian Bulletin.
- The 2015-2016 Annual Report and Financial Statements.
- The 2014-2015 Annual Report and Financial Statements.
- The 2013-2014 Annual Report and Financial Statements.
- The 2012-2013 Annual Report and Financial Statements.
- The 2011-2012 Annual Report and Financial Statements.
- The 2010-2011 Annual Report and Financial Statements.